Skip to main content

Adulting made easy-ish!

As every career gal knows..
a normal day consists of trying to get up early enough to get in a workout, 530am.  You sleep in your workout clothes so you can sleep an extra 2 minutes, I mean, it's necessary.  You get to the gym or track and get back home in just enough time to shower and blow dry your hair.  (Which takes a surprising amount of time that no husband or boyfriend understands.)  You finish your routine, eat breakfast, grab a cup of joe, and turn on Matt and Al.

Now pause, this is where it can get messy.  Do you spend the extra time getting ready or sitting down for 30 minutes before your 9 hour day begins. Yes, begins, it hasn't even started yet!

It is important to make sure you feel good about yourself the rest of the day.  Sure, you worked out, you logged that! However, I always take a few extra minutes to put together an outfit that I feel good in, even if I pick it out the night before.  I have a few go-to pieces that never fail me and that's what I grab instead of a basic tee.  There are a few simple accessories that can make or break a girls day and I spend a little extra time on things that I feel good in; lip stick, eye make-up, hair, accessories.  This makes the rest of my day feel more 'put together'.

It never fails, you know how it is, you don't spend that extra time on yourself and somebody wants you to go somewhere right after work and you wish you had.  This happened to me a few weeks ago, I was lazy and didn't fix my hair or my make- up very well and the worst happened. Head shot for a newsletter had to be taken THAT day.  I was so unhappy, but I had to do it.  I still can't look at it 😱 .

This is what I'm talking about, make sure you leave the house feeling good.  You deserve to.  You are juggling life and that in itself is enough to wear a girl out.

Here are a few of my favorite items that can quickly dress up any day in very little time.


Kate Spade bow necklace, Burberry Brit Perfume, Violette Lip Sense and Matte Gloss, and a hair pin by Anthropologie

What are some of your go to pieces?

Comments

  1. I LOVE my Tieks. They are super comfy and can go both casual or dressy. My go to jewelry piece would have to be my Kate Spade black and gold bracelet. My nails are almost always painted and I'm cheap, so I save money on the gel nails by doing it myself with Sally Hansen Miracle Gel nail polish. You don't have to wait forever for them to dry and they last for a week or longer (depending on how many times I have to wash dishes!). My last must have, and most of us have plenty of, is cute sunglasses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us! Some really amazing features.

    Bodybuilding workout clothes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Graduate.

I t's time for big life changes and writing new chapters in your book. Graduation day is among us, you stayed up all night for the last time studying, you took your finals, and now you're a graduate.  Such a big accomplishment, all your hard work payed off and you are finishing school. However, now is the big question, where do you go from here?  As an about to be college graduate myself, I have had several people asking me what's next.  The truth is, I don't know.  I have no clue what I am going to do next and that's OK.  You don't have to have everything planned out right away.  Here is what you can do, plan for all the interviews you're going to be getting!  There is an art to interviewing, believe it or not.  Here are some of my tips for interviewing.  Imagine the following scenario... You just got the call saying your resume is fabulous, like you, and the prospect wants you to come in for an interview! After you set up a time, make sure the phone

Don’t skip the pedicures

When your friend asks you to go shopping with her for a ‘new job wardrobe’, you say yes.  Or at least you should! I went on a shopping adventure with my friend who had just accepted a position at a local office.  Her previous employer didn’t require a dress code, but of course this one did.   I was up for the challenge.  I mean, who doesn’t want to pick out all of the clothes and not have to buy anything! 😉 My friend and I went to so many stores that day and learned that finding fashionable work attire was harder than we thought it was going to be.  She is a mom of three and didn’t want to spend a lot on clothes she didn’t really like and wouldn’t wear anywhere other than work.  We managed to find a few staple pieces like black pants, black capris, white collared shirts and a couple floral shirts that she didn’t despise and didn’t empty her wallet.   There were still pedicures planned that day and she didn’t want to forego those! We talked during those glorious foot scrub